Искать
Подать объявление
Добавить отзыв

Patek Philippe Ref 5205G Annual Calendar

16.06.2023, 07:23
Сообщение #1

Новый участник

Пользователь № 364808

Is the Contemporary Patek Philippe Ref 5205 Worth Buying? Are you familiar with Patek Philippe's Ref 5205 replica best watches? you know that. Mirror polished, white gold case with an attractive gradient blue dial. The annual calendar is displayed through three apertures. This is a stunning watch that is hard to miss on the wrist. In fact, this variation is one of Patek Philippe's most modern complications. At least that's how it seems to me. However, the Ref 5205 is also one of the watches on the secondary market that is close to retail. Mind you, that's not to say it's cheap at retail. Still, for those lucky enough to be in the market for their first complication Patek, it's a solid choice. If one is sometimes overlooked. There are also two more traditional rose gold versions. At least for now -- but more on that later. Does this mean the Ref 5205 is worth buying? Let's get into the details, you can decide for yourself.

A (Very) Brief History of the Patek Philippe Ref 5205
Despite its modern styling, the Ref 5205 is not a new watch. Patek Philippe launched this reference watch back in 2010 in two versions, both with white gold cases. The dial is two-tone, silver gray or slate gray with matte black. This gives them a sportier look, which is a bit at odds with their dress watch styling. Patek Philippe later addressed some issues with the now-discontinued Ref 5960.

I would not say that Ref 5205 is a huge success for Patek Philippe. Not that they produced that many anyway. But it performed well enough that two rose gold versions were released in 2013. These versions are more classic and elegant, with white opal or black lacquered dials. They remain in the collection today (but not for long, if the rumors are correct). The first Platinum models were discontinued in 2018. In its place is the gradient blue dial version of the Ref 5205G.watches replica high quality

All three versions of the Platinum model use the same caliber. So it's mostly the appeal of the gradient blue dial that drives the premium. That and the fact that it's newer.

Patek Philippe Ref 5205
Ref 5205 is always aimed at a younger audience. But those early iterations didn't quite land the way Patek Philippe hoped. That all changed in 2018 with the arrival of the gradient blue dial version. In a way, this is the brand kowtowing to the fashion trend of the time. Blue dials – especially gradient ones – were, and still are, all the rage. The impact is immediate. Almost overnight, the Ref 5205 became even more popular with a broad audience.

case
The Ref 5205 comes in a 40mm x 11.36mm white gold case, which is also very contemporary in its dimensions. While not quite svelte, it still has proportions that complement a dress watch. Fits under your shirt cuff with a little encouragement. Much of the height comes from the highly polished concave bezel. The way it slopes down and away from the dial makes the size of the Ref 5205 appear larger than it actually is. This is in stark contrast to the Ref 5396 (another Patek Philippe annual calendar), which appears flatter and more compact. Sure, its case is smaller at 38.5mm, but it's still 11.2mm thick. However, the models look and dress completely differently.replica luxury watches

In keeping with the formal dress watch aesthetic, the entire case appears highly polished. This includes the distinctive skeletonized lugs with exaggerated downward curves. This makes the watch very shiny. Combine that with a bold blue dial and you have yourself a real brainstormer. That's fine if you like that kind of attention, but not ideal if you'd rather be a little more low-key.

dial
The rich gradient blue of the dial is without a doubt the main highlight of the Ref 5205. Although I must admit that I am also partial to the lacquered black dial/rose gold case combo. A blue sunburst pattern radiates from the center and fades to black at the periphery. Thanks to the Nautilus and other models, Patek Philippe is known for its graduated dials. The Ref 5205 continues this proud tradition, but takes it to the next level.replica watches uk

While somewhat familiar, the dial layout of the Ref 5205 is also unique. In the upper part of the dial are three calendar display holes. Displays the day, date and month in an easy-to-read and intuitive format. On the lower half, a subsidiary dial at 6 o'clock features a 24-hour indicator and a moon phase display. The central time display uses dauphine-shaped hour and minute hands. Long seconds.

Unusually, on the blue dial version, the hands are luminescent for easy reading at night. This is not the case with the rose gold versions, which are designed as more formal dress watches. This again reflects Patek Philippe's desire to make the blue dial of the Ref 5205 more contemporary. Oversized gold-plated baton markers indicate the hours.

sports
Inside is the automatic movement Caliber 324 S QA LU 24H/206. Same movement as the first Ref 5205. It consists of 356 parts, including Patek Philippe's patented Gyromax balance wheel and Spiromax hairspring. The movement can be seen through the sapphire case back, which is very nice. The 21k gold central oscillating weight is particularly eye-catching. It oscillates at 28,000vph and offers a maximum power reserve of 45 hours. By modern standards, this could use some improvement. As you might expect, the finishes meet the brand's exacting standards. Naturally, the movement proudly wears the Patek Philippe Seal. replica swiss Watches

Is the Patek Philippe Ref 5205 worth buying?
As previously mentioned, word is that the brand will discontinue the rose gold model soon. Does this mean now is the time to buy? Well, if the trend is any guide, the price may rise after the rumor is confirmed. At least in the short term. Although it's hard to say how much of that will be up to speculators.

That said, the Ref 5205R is an excellent watch. It still makes sense to me. Am I going to pay a 20% premium for this due to the hype factor? No, I do hope we will start seeing price increases for the Ref 520 5G as well. even though it's still in the current directory. The reason is that it's the more popular model, it's more unique, and now it's the last example. This suggests that Patek Philippe plans to replace it at some point as well. At that time, the price may skyrocket.

So, what may seem like a lot of money now may look like a good deal in a few years. I certainly can't predict one way or the other. But we've seen this before with Patek Philippe. That's why I think the Patek Philippe Ref 5205 is a good choice. But that's just me. I'd love to hear your thoughts too.replica watches sale

Technical Specifications: Patek Philippe Ref 5205G Annual Calendar
Case: 40mm x 11.36mm high - white gold, polished - double-sided sapphire crystal - water resistant to 30 meters.
Dial: blue sunburst with black gradient - concave polished fixed bezel - baton markers - luminous dauphine hands - hours, minutes and seconds - annual calendar display with 24-hour indicator and moon phases.
Movement: Caliber 324 S QA LU 24H/206, Manufacture, Patek Philippe Seal - Automatic movement, 21k gold central rotor - 28,800vph - 35h to 45h power reserve - 356 parts.
Bracelet: alligator with square scales, hand-stitched, gloss black. claw buckle